jhk

jhk

Tuesday 25 March 2014

CHICKEN ROULADE























 









I wanted to share with you one of the dinners I made for my family over the summer break! I'm not trying to be modiste but It tasted amazing and thats why it want to share the recipe with you. I decided to make a chicken roulade something I had never made before.  Once again like my Lemon and Gin Cake recipe,  It was out of my current favourite cookbook, Little and Friday Celebrations. By the picture I was a little bit weary that it was not going to turn out like that, but I decided to challenge myself, and fortunately for me it did :) This is such a great recipe for occasions such as family lunches and dinner parties.

I hope you enjoy, and try It out for yourself! Trust me you won't be disappointed!


Ingredients you will need:

• 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
• 1 onion diced
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 250g of pork mince
• 1/4 Cup of chopped Italian Parsley
• 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
• 1 Egg
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 6 Slices of Prosciutto
• 2 skinless chicken breasts
• 10 Slices of Bacon
• Handful of Basil Leaves
• 4 Hard Boiled Eggs

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius

2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook onion and garlic until transparent.

3. In a bowl, mix pork mince, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs cooked onion mixture until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Lay two sheets of aluminum foil on top of each other on the bench. Lay slices of prosciutto crosswise down center of foil, slightly overlapping the slices.

5. Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag and flatten, using a rolling pin of mallet. Lay flattened breasts over the prosciutto.

6. Spread mince mixture over the chicken breasts, then top with bacon, slightly overlapping the slices. top with torn basil leaves, then line up hard boiled eggs down the middle.

7. With the long side facing you , roll up the roulade in the foil, forming a tight roll. Twist the ends of the foil to seal. Place on a baking tray and cook in centre of oven for one and a quarter hours.

8. Remove from oven allow to cool before unwrapping. Store in a refrigerator  for up to two days.

Dana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment